Note: All information included in this report is taken from law enforcement incident reports and arrest records, which are public records and available for review at any and all local law enforcement agencies. Not every arrest leads to a conviction. Guilt or innocence is determined by the court system.
Statesboro Police Arrests
* Ernesto Emil Marquez, 24, Vanwych Expresway, S. Ozone Park, N.Y. – criminal trespass.
* Josue Marban, 39, Sandpiper Road – improper lane change, driving without a valid license.
* Tavendra Mangal, 20, Mulberry Court – driving with a suspended license, no proof of insurance, seat belt violation.
* Michael Alexander Turnage, 21, North Hwy. 17 – DUI (refused test), failure to maintain lane.
* Antonio Derell Mikell, 29, Hope Baptist Church Road – felony theft by taking.
* Marqueles Damon Dennis, 28, Spring Street – possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a housing project.
Bulloch Sheriff’s Arrests
* Andre Raymond Ware, 36, Burkhalter Road – battery, child support lockup ( failure to pay child support).
* Erica Brooke Tracy, 19, Park Avenue – underage possession of alcohol.
* Nicole Catherine Mulazzi, 20, Carmel Drive – underage possession of alcohol.
* Danielle Marie Lafever, 20, Carmel Drive – underage possession of alcohol.
* Ross Branden Waters, 19, Hayden Road – underage possession of alcohol.
* Arsha Latondra Pierce, 27, Ga. 46 – simple battery, battery.
* James Otis Martin Sr., 57, Twin Forks Road, Pembroke – harassing phone calls.
* Lakeichia Ann Hodge, 28, Packinghouse Road – child support lockup ( failure to pay).
* Landon Lee Sowell, 19, Dyches Road – aggravated battery.
Georgia State Patrol Arrests
Troopers issued the following citations Friday – Sunday:
* DUI arrests – none.
* Seatbelt citations – one.
* Child restraint citations – none.
* Speeding citations – four.
Georgia Southern University Arrests
* Officers issued one traffic citation Friday, six Saturday and eight Sunday.
* Antonio Antwan Allen, 19, Watson Hall — theft by receiving stolen property and theft by deception.
* Lewis Pendleton Gaines, 18, Kennedy Hall — possession of a schedule one drug, possession of marijuana and underage possession/consumption of alcohol.
* Adam Abdul-Jabbar, 19 Watson Hall — possession of marijuana.
* Cupertina Lorraine Moe, 18, Southern Courtyard — possession of a drug related object.
* Emily Ann Welker, 19, Georgia Avenue – underage possession/consumption of alcohol and possession of a false I.D.
* Denver Dudley Clark III, 18, Centennial Place – underage possession/consumption of alcohol and possession of a false I.D.
* Sean Michael Mooney, 17, Teachers Row, Richmond Hill — possession of a schedule two drug and underage possession/consumption of alcohol.
* Mohammed Khan, 34, Bethel Church Road — public intoxication.
Statesboro Police Incidents
* PARK PLACE APARTMENTS – A woman said her e-boyfri4nd calls and harasses her. In a separate incident police responded to a domestic dispute where a woman and man argued because he ignored her.
* BRANNEN STREET – A mother pushed her adult daughter because the daughter did not clean her room.
* RUDE RUDY’S – A man police escorted off the premises returned as soon as he was released, and thus was arrested for criminal trespass.
* CAMPUS CLUB APARTMENTS – A woman said someone egged her door.
* STATESBORO TRANSFER AND STORAGE – An employee was caught on camera stealing speaker and cabinet.
* GROOVER LANE – A man said someone set his and a neighbor’s mail boxes were set on fire, destroying mail.
* RALPH’S DINER – Someone broke into a man’s vehicle and stole $1,000 cash.
* NEVIL TIRE – An employee was caught on camera stealing three tires.
* FLOYD STREET – A man and woman argued over infidelity and the man threw the woman to the ground, broke lamps, hit her on the head, and broke her phone when she tried dialing 911. He was gone when police arrived.
Bulloch Sheriff’s Incidents
* LUCY LANE – (Statesboro) A woman found a piece of broom handle with electrical tape in her home, after someone shattered a window with it. The offenders also tried to pry open a door.
* HOLLOWAY CIRCLE – (Statesboro) A woman said she came to town for a funeral, and while staying with her mentally ill sister, the sister became agitated by her presence.
* KELLY ROAD – (Clito) A man said a neighbor threatened him and said the man’s sons rode their four-wheelers on his property.
* RANDY LOWERY ROAD – (Statesboro) A man reported the theft of an air conditioner unit and electrical wiring.
* GA. 46 – (Brooklet) Someone stole a heat pump from Red Hill Primitive Baptist Church.
* SWALLOWTAIL DRIVE – (Clito) Someone stole an air conditioner unit from a home.
* OLD CARRIAGE TRAIL – (Statesboro) A man reported the theft of shoes from his home.
* MEADOWBROOKE WAY – (Ellabell) A man said he was attacked by several unknown men and a man he knows. His wallet was taken during the ordeal.
* MILL BRANCH CLUB ROAD – (Statesboro) A man said someone broke into a car and stole the key.
* GA. 46 — (Register) a woman struck her sister and mother during a dispute over finances. She was taken to jail.
* OLD REGISTER ROAD – (Statesboro) a man and woman argued when he came home intoxicated, fell over a table and broke it. He was aggressive and disorderly, reports stated.
Georgia Southern University Incidents
* FRIDAY — Officers issued four traffic warnings, assisted five motorists, assisted one sick person, responded to a drug complaint at the Southern Courtyard Clubhouse and investigated one accident.
* EIDSON HOUSE — Some money was taken from a safe in a GSU vehicle near the house.
* SATURDAY — Officers issued eight traffic warnings and assisted four motorists.
* SUNDAY — Officers issued nine traffic warnings, assisted three motorists and investigated one accident.
Georgia State Patrol Incidents
Troopers reported the following activity over the weekend:
* Crashes investigated – nine.
* Fatalities reported – none.
* Total vehicle stops – 39.
* Seat belt warnings – three.
* Child restraint warnings – none.
* Speeding warnings – eight.
* Total warnings – 34.
* Wanted persons apprehended – none.
* Stolen vehicles recovered – none.
* Road checks performed - three.
* Motorists assisted – none.
* Miles patrolled – 1.356.
911 Law Enforcement Reports
Central 911 Dispatchers issued the following calls Friday- Monday:
* Bulloch County Sheriff’s Department/Friday — eight calls.
* Bulloch County Sheriff’s Department/Saturday — 15 calls.
* Bulloch County Sheriff’s Department/Sunday — 13 calls.
* Statesboro Police Department/Friday – 29 calls.
* Statesboro Police Department/Saturday – 25 calls.
* Statesboro Police Department/Sunday – 26 calls.
* Georgia Southern University Police/Friday – one call.
* Georgia Southern University Police/Saturday – two calls.
* Georgia Southern University Police/Sunday – no calls.
* Georgia State Patrol/Friday – five calls.
* Georgia State Patrol/Saturday — three calls.
* Georgia State Patrol/Sunday — two calls.
* Candler County Sheriff’s Department/Friday – eight calls.
* Candler County Sheriff’s Department/Saturday — four calls.
* Candler County Sheriff’s Department/Sunday – five calls.
* Evans County Sheriff’s Department/Friday – two calls.
* Evans County Sheriff’s Department/Saturday – four calls.
* Evans County Sheriff’s Department/Sunday – four calls.
* Claxton Police Department /Friday – one call.
* Claxton Police Department/Sunday — two calls.
* Brooklet Police Department/Sunday – two calls.
911 Fire Reports
Central 911 dispatchers issued the following calls Friday – Sunday:
* Statesboro Fire Department/Friday – two calls.
* Statesboro Fire Department/Sunday – two calls.
* Bulloch County Volunteer Firefighters/Saturday — one call.
* Bulloch County Volunteer Firefighters/Sunday — 11 calls.
* Metter Fire Department/Saturday – one call.
* Metter Fire Department/Sunday – one call.
* Claxton Fire Department/Saturday – one call.
* Hagan Fire Department/Saturday – one call.
911 EMS Reports
Central 911 dispatchers issued the following calls Friday – Sunday:
* Bulloch County EMS/Friday — one accident call, one rescue call and 15 medical calls.
* Bulloch County EMS/Saturday – 12 medical calls.
* Bulloch County EMS/Sunday – two accident calls, two fire calls and 15 medical calls.
* Candler County EMS/Friday — no medical calls.
* Candler County EMS/Saturday — one medical call.
* Candler County EMS/Sunday – one fire call and three medical calls.
* Evans County EMS/Friday — one accident call and seven medical calls.
* Evans County EMS/Saturday – one accident call and seven medical calls.
* Evans County EMS/Sunday – five medical calls.
* Central 911 dispatchers also routed the following calls Friday: four calls to Bulloch County First Responders, five miscellaneous calls and one to rescue units.
* Central 911 dispatchers also routed the following calls Saturday: two calls to Bulloch County First Responders, a call to the Evans County Coroner, a call to Georgia Forestry, a call to air transport and a miscellaneous call.
* Central 911 dispatchers also routed the following calls Sunday: two calls to Bulloch County First Responders.
— compiled by Holli Deal Bragg