Note: All information included in this report is taken from law enforcement incident reports and arrest records, which are public records and available for review at any and all local law enforcement agencies. Not every arrest leads to a conviction. Guilt or innocence is determined by the court system.
Statesboro Police Arrests
* Alise Marie Simmons, 22, Old River Road North – speeding, driving with a suspended license.
* Christina Leigh Seton, 27, Raintree Court – tag light violation, driving with a suspended license.
* Kyona Jarret, 24, Georgia Avenue – simple battery.
* Allyson Michelle Vaughan, 20, Georgia Avenue – battery.
* Amie C. Spaulding, 24, Southern Court – wanted person.
* Kenneth Leonard Edgar Jr., 21, Southern Court – battery.
* Jonathan Joseph Spenard, 31, West Broad Street – probation violation.
* Debra L. Fowler, 49, Arrow Road, Hilton Head Island – wanted person.
* Henry Joiner, 50, Groover Lane — begging/soliciting by accosting, forcing oneself upon another possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Trenton Blake Wilkinson, 21, Stambuk Lane – marijuana possession, criminal trespass, obstruction.
Bulloch Sheriff’s Arrests
* Friday-Tuesday arrests will be published Thursday.
Georgia State Patrol Arrests
Troopers issued the following citations Friday – Sunday:
* DUI arrests – four.
* Hamilton Edward Stewart, 49, R. L. Lee Road – DUI (.155).
* Matthew James Chandler, 20, Seven Oaks Road, Alpharetta – DUI under 21 (.046).
* Carl W. Andrus II, 46, English Oaks Boulevard – DUI (.133).
* Brandon Michael Bearden, 20, Hampton Farms, Marietta – DUI under 21 (.078).
* Seatbelt citations – 14.
* Child restraint citations – four.
* Speeding citations – three.
* Total citations – 47.
Georgia Southern University Arrests
* Officers issued six traffic citations Friday, 20 Saturday and 16 Sunday.
* Zachary Keith Williams, 18, Evergreen Drive, Dawsonville — possession of marijuana.
* Andrew Allen Key, 20, Centennial Place — possession of marijuana, failure to obey a traffic control device, operating an unregistered vehicle and no proof of insurance.
* Philip Edward O'Gorman, 19, Southern Pines – underage possession/consumption of alcohol, littering and possession of a false I.D.
Statesboro Police Incidents
* VARSITY LODGE APARTMENTS – A man and woman accused each other of striking and choking each other.
* CAMPUS CLUB APARTMENTS – A man said a woman used a chair to break into her bedroom during an argument. He also said she broke his glasses.
* THE POINTE AT SOUTHERN – Two women were arrested for fighting over use of a bathroom.
* SOUTHERN COURT – A man and woman were arrested for fighting – he for battery, she for outstanding warrants.
* THE CLUBHOUSE — An officer observed a juvenile strike another several times. The offender was charged with unruly juvenile and criminal trespass.
* THE EXCHANGE APARTMENTS – A man and woman fought, causing visible injuries. In a later incident, the same couple fought again, and the woman told police the man bit her on the cheek. He was not at the scene the second time.
Bulloch Sheriff’s Incidents
* PEANUT LANE – (Statesboro) A man was arrested for battery and third degree cruelty to children during a domestic dispute.
* BLACK CREEK CHURCH ROAD – (Brooklet) Two men were caught stealing scrap metal.
* ELDORA ROAD – (Ellabell) A woman said a man came to her house and said her husband owed him for drugs. He threatened to harm her and her children if he did not get his money.
Georgia Southern University Incidents
* FRIDAY — Officers issued seven traffic warnings, assisted seven motorists, responded to a drug complaint at Eagle Village, responded to a drug complaint at Southern Pines, responded to a drug complaint at Kennedy Hall and investigated two accidents.
* SATURDAY — Officers issued four traffic warnings, assisted one motorist, responded to a drug complaint at Eagle Village, responded to a fight at University Villas and responded to an unruly juvenile near the Newton Building.
* SUNDAY — Officers issued six traffic warnings, assisted one motorist, assisted one sick person and investigated one accident.
* SOUTHERN PINES CLUBHOUSE — Several linens were taken from the laundry room.
* SANFORD HALL – Someone stole a book.
* RECREATION ACTIVITY CENTER – Someone stole a wallet.
Georgia State Patrol Incidents
Troopers reported the following activity over the weekend:
* Crashes investigated – four.
* Fatalities reported – none.
* Total vehicle stops – 31.
* Seat belt warnings – seven.
* Child restraint warnings – one.
* Speeding warnings – eight.
* Total warnings – 41.
* Wanted persons apprehended – one.
* Stolen vehicles recovered – none.
* Road checks performed — nine.
* Motorists assisted –one.
* Miles patrolled – 1,647.
— Compiled by Holli Deal Bragg