A space heater is believed to be the cause of a house fire in Millen Sunday morning that took the life of a teenage boy.
Joshua Christopher Trent Buckley, 14, was home alone at his uncle's house on U.S. Highway 25 in Millen when the fire occurred, said Glenn Allen, a spokesman for Georgia Fire and Insurance Safety Commissioner Ralph Hudgens.
The call came in around 5 a.m. Sunday, and Millen firefighters were unable to save the home, which was destroyed.
Buckley lived with his uncle. No foul play is suspected, but Buckley's body was sent to a Georgia Bureau of Investigation crime lab for an autopsy, Allen said. The blaze started in the boy's bedroom, where the space heater was located. Allen said it is unclear why the boy's uncle was not home at the time of the fire.