Construction at the “Five Points” four-way intersection at Pretoria Rushing and Burkhalter roads will mean the roads will be closed beginning Monday through Tuesday, July 25.
This closure is so Phase II construction work can be completed, said Bulloch County Manager Tom Couch.
If weather doesn’t interfere, the roundabout traffic circle at the intersection should be open for use after July 25, he said.
The closures will allow residents to access their homes and property, but restricts through traffic, he said.
The closure will affect these areas:
· Pretoria Rushing Road (from Hwy. 80 East to the intersection)
· Rushing Road (from South Wynn Road to the intersection)
· S&S Railroad Bed Road (from Cawana Road to Pretoria Rushing Road)
· Burkhalter Road (from Cawana Road to the intersection and from the intersection to Hwy. 80 East)
· Josh Hagin Road (from Pretoria Rushing Road to Hagin Lane)
The Pretoria Rushing (5 Points) Solid Waste Convenience Center will remain open during this period, Couch said. “The County realizes that due to the unique road layout in the area of the project, the detour options are limited and will be an inconvenience to the public during construction. It is the county’s goal to complete the roundabout construction as quickly and as safely as possible.”
Follow the progress of the project online here or keep up with alerts on the Bulloch County Board of Commissioner Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Bulloch-County-Board-of-Commissioners-11707123763085431.