Note: All information included in this report is taken from law enforcement incident reports and arrest records, which are public records and available for review at any and all local law enforcement agencies. Not every arrest leads to a conviction. Guilt or innocence is determined by the court system.
Statesboro Police Arrests
* Alvin James White, 39, Portal Crossing, Portal – wanted person.
* Robert James Williams, 26, Rocky Ford Road, Portal – driving with a suspended license, expired tag.
* Nancy Sanchez Montealvo, 22, Branchwood Lane, Metter – failure to obey traffic device, second offense driving while unlicensed.
* Jason Ellerbee, 23, street address unlisted, Claxton – wanted person, marijuana possession.
* Justin Lee McLeod, 20, Hope Lane – second offense driving with a suspended license, expired tag, giving false information.
* Greta Crawford, 42, Peachtree Street – disorderly conduct.
* Wilton Leroy Odom, 59, West Grady Street – driving with a suspended license.
* Eric Christopher Jones Jr., 19, Pineview Road – driving with a suspended license, noise ordinance violation, marijuana possession.
Bulloch Sheriff’s Arrests
* Arrests Friday through Monday will be published Wednesday.
Georgia State Patrol Arrests
Troopers issued the following citations Friday – Sunday:
* DUI arrests:
· Eugene Newsome Jr., 38, Woodrum Place – DUI (.133).
· Derek Kyle Grantham, 24, Lumber City - DUI (refused test).
· Steven Jones, 46, Sonny Hagins Road, Portal – DUI (.198).
· Nicholas Avery Knight, 18, Alex Knight Road, Brooklet – DUI under 21 (refused test).
· Jennifer Lea Riedel, 21, Cary, N.C. – DUI (.159).
· Larry Antonio Harlie, 31, Old Stagecoach Road – DUI (refused test).
· Al Jaami Rashaqd Khalil, 43, GW Oliver Road – DUI (refused test.)
* Seatbelt citations – two.
* Child restraint citations – two.
* Speeding citations – eight.
* Total citations – 21.
Georgia Southern University Arrests
* Officers issued 11 traffic citations Thursday, four Friday, 10 Saturday and five Sunday.
* Vanessa Raquel Arendt, 19, Lanier Drive – underage possession of alcohol.
* Andrew H. Lowenthal, 18, Kennedy Hall — possession of marijuana.
* Alexander Michael Broe, 19, Kennedy Hall – underage possession/consumption of alcohol and possession of a false I.D.
* Robert Carter Wilson, 20, Lexington Carlton Road, Carlton – underage possession/consumption of alcohol.
* Richard Colt Steingraber, 19, Centennial Place — underage possession of alcohol, disorderly conduct, seatbelt violation.
* Arianna Elysse Soriano, 18, N. Hampton Trail, Canton — underage possession of alcohol.
* A juvenile was charged with minor in possession/consumption of alcohol and public indecency.
Statesboro Police Incidents
* CAMPUS CLUB APARTMENTS – A woman said several females threatened to beat her and kept her from leaving the apartment. (One was her roommate.) When the woman moved to another apartment, one woman and her boyfriend followed her, she said. Also, the offenders made threats via the Internet.
* MAD POTTER – Someone broke a door off its hinges.
* OGEECHEE AREA HOSPICE – A woman reported a man in a red Pontiac Grand Am follows female employees. The man, when questioned by police, claimed he was driving in circles while waiting on prescription medications from a nearby pharmacy.
* BRAGG MOTOR SERVICE – A man took a chainsaw in for repairs, but when he returned to his truck to get it, it and several chains had been stolen.
* STADIUM PLACE APARTMENTS – A woman told police her husband struck her.
* JOHNSON STREET – Witnesses told police a man was seen exiting their home with a TV in his hands. A pair of shoes was also reported stolen.
Bulloch Sheriff’s Incidents
* DRY BRANCH VILLAGE – (Register) A woman said her children’s father, against whom she has a protective order, came to her home asking for information so he could use their children as tax deductions. He threatened her when she would not release the information.
* U.S. 301 SOUTH – (Statesboro) A woman said a man pushed her, grabbed her by the neck and scratched her because she received a text from her daughter’s father.
* NEVILS-GROVELAND ROAD – (Pembroke) A man said his wife was verbally abusive to him and his friends when he came home intoxicated.
* PLANTATION MOBILE HOME PARK – (Statesboro) A woman let a man have her house key so he could take care of her pets while she was away. The man refused to return the key until the woman paid him.
Georgia Southern University Incidents
* THURSDAY — Officers assisted four motorist, issued four traffic warnings and eight campus parking citations, as well as responded to two alarms and two motor vehicle accidents.
* FRIDAY — Officers issued four traffic warnings, assisted three motorists, responded to one alarm and investigated one accident.
* SATURDAY — Officers issued eight traffic warnings, assisted six motorists, assisted one sick person, assisted another agency, responded to two alarms and investigated one accident.
* SUNDAY — Officers issued three traffic warnings, assisted one motorist, responded to two alarms and responded to a drug complaint at Kennedy Hall.
* HANNER FIELDHOUSE - A lost wallet was turned in to officers in the parking lot.
* SOUTHERN PINES APARTMENTS – Someone reported a hit and run incident.
* COLLEGE OF EDUCATION — A bag containing clothing and an MP3 player were found.
* SOUTHERN COURTYARD – Someone reported a hit-and-run incident.
* RECREATION ACTIVITY CENTER – Someone reported a book bag stolen.
* CAROLL BUILDING — A window was found broken.
Georgia State Patrol Incidents
Troopers reported the following activity over the weekend:
* Crashes investigated – seven.
* Fatalities reported – none.
* Total vehicle stops – 42.
* Seat belt warnings – eight.
* Child restraint warnings – one.
* Speeding warnings – 11.
* Total warnings – 55.
* Wanted persons apprehended – none.
* Stolen vehicles recovered – none.
* Road checks performed — nine.
* Motorists assisted – three.
* Miles patrolled – 1,538.
911 Law Enforcement Reports
Central 911 Dispatchers issued the following calls Friday — Monday:
* Bulloch County Sheriff’s Department/Friday — 17 calls.
* Bulloch County Sheriff’s Department/Saturday — 16 calls.
* Bulloch County Sheriff’s Department/Sunday — 12 calls.
* Statesboro Police Department/Friday – 20 calls.
* Statesboro Police Department/Saturday – 24 calls.
* Statesboro Police Department/Sunday – 16 calls.
* Georgia Southern University Police/Friday – no calls.
* Georgia Southern University Police/Saturday – two calls.
* Georgia Southern University Police/Sunday –two calls.
* Georgia State Patrol/Friday – four calls.
* Georgia State Patrol/Saturday — two calls.
* Georgia State Patrol/Sunday — four calls.
* Candler County Sheriff’s Department/Friday – eight calls.
* Candler County Sheriff’s Department/Saturday — eight calls.
* Candler County Sheriff’s Department/Sunday – four calls.
* Evans County Sheriff’s Department/Friday – one call.
* Evans County Sheriff’s Department/Saturday – three calls.
* Evans County Sheriff’s Department/Sunday – no calls.
* Claxton Police Department /Friday – two calls.
* Claxton Police Department/Saturday — one call.
* Claxton Police Department/Sunday — no calls.
* Brooklet Police Department/Friday – one call.
* Portal Police Department/Saturday – two calls.
911 Fire Reports
Central 911 dispatchers issued the following calls Friday – Sunday:
* Statesboro Fire Department/Friday – one call.
* Statesboro Fire Department/Saturday – five calls.
* Statesboro Fire Department/Sunday – six calls.
* Bulloch County Volunteer Firefighters/Friday – no calls.
* Bulloch County Volunteer Firefighters/Saturday — 12 calls.
* Bulloch County Volunteer Firefighters/Sunday — 11 calls.
* Metter Fire Department/Friday – three calls.
* Metter Fire Department/Saturday – five calls.
* Metter Fire Department/Sunday – three calls.
* Claxton Fire Department/Friday – one call.
* Claxton Fire Department/Saturday – two calls.
* Hagan Fire Department/Saturday – one call.
* Bellville Fire Department/Saturday – one call.
911 EMS Reports
Central 911 dispatchers issued the following calls Friday – Sunday:
* Bulloch County EMS/Friday — one accident call and 16 medical calls.
* Bulloch County EMS/Saturday – 19 medical calls.
* Bulloch County EMS/Sunday – one fire call and 11 medical calls.
* Candler County EMS/Friday — six medical calls.
* Candler County EMS/Saturday — one accident call and eight medical calls.
* Candler County EMS/Sunday – two medical calls.
* Evans County EMS/Friday — one accident call and three medical calls.
* Evans County EMS/Saturday – three medical calls.
* Evans County EMS/Sunday – four medical calls.
* Central 911 dispatchers also routed the following calls Friday: four calls to Bulloch County First Responders, a call to Emanuel County 911 and a call to Georgia Forestry.
* Central 911 dispatchers also routed the following calls Saturday: five calls to Bulloch County First Responders, a call to the Bulloch County Correctional Institute, a call to Emanuel County 911, and 20 calls to Georgia Forestry.
* Central 911 dispatchers also routed the following calls Sunday: three calls to Bulloch County First Responders, six calls to Georgia Forestry, a call to Emanuel County 911.
— Compiled by Holli Deal Bragg