By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Proctor Street fire investigated
Statesboro Fire Department W

Statesboro firefighters are still investigating a blaze that consumed a Proctor Street house Feb. 11.

The older wood structure had no power source and was reportedly unoccupied; however, there have been reports that the home may have been frequented by homeless individuals, said Statesboro Fire Chief Tim Grams. Responding firefighters found no one at the home,

Firefighters also responded Tuesday to a house fire on Ridgeland Drive, he said.

The home was occupied but there were no injuries. The house suffered extensive damage, and the blaze was said to have started when someone living there burned some incense that reportedly caught something on fire when it tipped over, he said.

Anyone with information about the Proctor Street fire is asked to contact Grans at 6he Statesboro Fire Department at 912-764-3473.

 

 

Sign up for the Herald's free e-newsletter