BI-LO will introduce its newly remodeled Statesboro BI-LO store to the community at an official grand opening celebration on Thursday.
BI-LO recently completed a major remodel and reset of the store to enhance the shopping experience for customers plus will offer new features and a wider variety of products.
The much improved Statesboro store is the first BI-LO in Georgia to undergo a transformation of this kind. As part of the grand opening ceremony, a ribbon cutting will take place at 7:45 a.m. on Thursday at the store located at 325 Northside Drive West in Statesboro.
“BI-LO has been dedicated to serving the Statesboro area for more than 20 years. During this time we’ve established a history of commitment and service to our customers,” said Anthony Hucker, president and CEO of Southeastern Grocers.
“While designing this new store, we listened to our customers to determine the perfect combination of new and expanded offerings, plus services and products that would best meet the needs of this community,” he said. “We’ve created a unique BI-LO store offering an outstanding shopping experience complete with exceptional service and the freshest products at the right price.”
Shoppers will immediately notice the enhancements throughout the new and improved grocery store, including:
• New facade signage and a fresh, contemporary color palate and modern store signage inside.
• Newly updated farm-fresh produce department including an expanded selection of fruits and vegetables.
• Improved deli with expanded grab-and-go meal options for added convenience, including a hot soup bar and fresh sub sandwich assortments.
• New “Naturally Better” section offering a large variety of gluten free and organic products.
• Expanded hot food bar with new varieties arriving daily.
• Expanded beer and wine section, including a new wine quick chiller.
• Expanded meat department with new “Pick 5 for $19.95” offering more than 100 items to choose from, including fresh and frozen meats for only $19.95
• An improved bakery department with new selections and displays.
• Updated floral department to help customers find the perfect bouquet for any occasion.
The Stateboro Bi-Lo will close at 6 p.m. on Wednesday for last minute preparations and for an employee celebration to thank them for working so hard to see this massive renovation through to completion.
Tod Marsh, Statesboro Bi-Lo manager, extends a personal invitation to community leaders and Bulloch County residents to join him and his team at BI-LO to celebrate the new store Thursday. Attendees are invited to sample delicious food from local vendors and enjoy live entertainment as they check out BI-LO’s new look, expanded offerings and savings. The grand opening event is free and open to all.
The first 500 customers to arrive at 8 a.m. will receive a free mystery gift card valued between $5 and $500.
The new and improved Statesboro BI-LO is open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week.
Originally founded in 1961 by Frank Outlaw, BI-LO employs more than 10,000 associates who serve customers in grocery stores and in-store pharmacies throughout the three southeastern states of Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. For more information, visit www.bi-lo.com and www.segrocers.com. BI-LO, LLC is a subsidiary of Southeastern Grocers, which is the second-largest supermarket chain in the Southeast based on store count.
Southeastern Grocers, LLC, parent company and home of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is the fifth largest conventional supermarket in the U.S. The company employs more than 50,000 associates who serve customers in grocery stores, liquor stores and in-store pharmacies throughout the seven southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina.