By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fourth recent school threat reported
boe logo

A report Friday of a threat written on a wall at Southeast Bulloch Middle School was the latest of four such incidents recently on Bulloch County Schools campuses. Arrests have been made in all of the previous three.

“This afternoon Southeast Bulloch Middle School administration became aware of a terroristic threat written on a wall at the school,” began the notice issued to parents by SEBMS Principal Dr. Torian White. “It was immediately reported to law enforcement, and they are working with us on this investigation. The credibility of this threat is unknown.”

White’s statement referred to a dance, which Bulloch County Schools Public Relations Specialist Hayley Greene said was occurring immediately after school Friday.

“If your child is attending the dance, please let me assure you that all students are safe and enjoying themselves with us and our school staff,” White had messaged parents. “However, feel free to pick your child up, if desired.”

The threat was found on a hallway wall, Greene said, and was reported to the Bulloch County Sheriff’s Office. No arrest had been made in this latest incident as of Friday afternoon. In his notice to parents, White said school officials saw no reason to alter school operations Monday.

Previous incidents of a message found Jan. 30 on a restroom wall at Southeast Bulloch High School and a note found by a teacher Feb.  1 with the same message led to arrests of three students. A student was reported arrested before the start of school Jan 21 from a threat to Statesboro High School seen on social media, Greene said.

No weapons were involved in any of the incidents.

Greene also reiterated Superintendent Charles Wilson’s statement of a zero-tolerance stance toward “any disruptions to the district’s safe learning environments.”

“This week Superintendent Wilson stated going forward that for any students who commit such acts, the school system will pursue the students’ permanent removal from the school system,” Friday’s statement noted.