By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Heating assistance available for eligible residents
DHS program helps with energy bills
W dhs
Elderly, homebound and low-income residents in Bulloch County may be eligible for assistance with energy costs through a program offered through the state Department of Human Services. The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance program, provided by the Local Community Action Agency, Concerted Services, Inc., may pay qualified recipients up to $350 towards their winter electric, gasoline or other heating costs, said Alex Smith, coordinator of MS services with Bulloch County Concerted Services. The award is either $310 or $350, depending on household size and income.
Sign up for the Herald's free e-newsletter