At Sylvania's City Council meeting Tuesday, the city honored Archie Jackson for his retirement and presented him a plaque for his years of service with the City.
The council continued with business, adopting the following new fees, effective January 1, 2011:
* Increase base rates on utilities - 10 percent
* Increase electric rates - 6.5 percent
* Increase solid waste rates - 5 percent
* Road repair/bore cost - $175
* Increase water/sewer tap fees - 10 percent
* Three phase service reconnect - $100
* Reconnect fee $40 after hour reconnect - $100
* Returned check fee - $35
* Cail field rental - $50
* Pilot light fee - $25 with no more free light ups
* Septic tank trucks - $75
* Customer service charge - $25
* Gas tap fees - $150 for first 100 feet and standard meter set. Additional service - line $3/foot and additional boring $8/foot
* Gas application nonrefundable fee $10
The council also approved the purchase of a fire truck up to $220,000 with $215,000 coming from SPLOST funds and the difference from the general fund.
The public hearing date for the proposed 2011 city capital and operations budget was set for Tuesday, January 4 at 5:30 p.m.