By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Faulty sensor caused fire alarm at Statesboro High
Students, staff back in school

               A fire alarm that sounded Thursday afternoon at Statesboro High School was caused by a faulty sensor. There was no fire, said Bulloch County Schools spokesperson Hayley Greene.
        Students and staff were evacuated for around 20 minutes for safety reasons as Statesboro Fire Department firefighters responded to the scene and checked the school, she said. No smoke or evidence of a fire was found.
        Students were returned to class and Bulloch County Board of Education maintenance personnel arrived to repair the faulty sensor, she said. There were no injuries.

Sign up for the Herald's free e-newsletter