• Wild Wing Café is set to open April 11. It is located on Fair Road adjacent to the Aspen Heights apartment complex across from Honda of Statesboro.
• A new Chinese takeout restaurant, Tops China Express, is scheduled to open this week in the Market District beside McAlister's Deli. It is owned by Thomas Lin.
• The Farmers Market opens Saturday. This week's featured market Vendor is Three Tree Coffee Roasters, a new local coffee roasting company owned by Philip and Anna Klayman. www.3treecoffeeroasters.com. Three Tree Coffee can also be found at The Daily Grind, and Cool Beanz Espresso Bar.
Promotions / Recognoitions
• Virginia Cone, Assistant Branch Manager for 1st Franklin Financial was recently recognized for 15 years of service.
• Lisa Crumpton has been named the assistant manager and business development manager for Trace Staffing Solutions. Lisa served in a similar position at Snelling Staffing Services before joining the Trace team.
We certainly live in a "grow or die" world.
With increased pressure on employees and management to do more with less, coupled with the demands of new technology, it has become more difficult than ever to find ways to motivate your team. With this in mind, Ogeechee Technical College has invited Dr. Earl Suttle to campus for a one day leadership conference on Wednesday, April 9, entitled "Catching, Motivating and Keeping the Best Employees."
The full day event is designed to teach CEOs, managers, supervisors and anyone in a leadership position, how to increase productivity and profits through employee development. The conference may help you gain a competitive edge by motivating and retaining your best employees.
"As a motivational keynote speaker and business consultant, I have dedicated my career to motivating business leaders; student and professional athletes; and government, healthcare, education, and community leaders." Dr. Suttle said. "The trick is not only to excel at each and everything you do, but to enjoy it in the process."
We know that employees are a company's prize asset and they want to work in the best place. This power-packed conference will provide the knowledge, tools, and skills to help create staff that is happier and more enthusiastic about their jobs.
Dr. Suttle will discuss techniques that will help to energize, develop and reward staff, boosting their productivity, and in return, making the workplace experience more personally rewarding than expected.
Those attending will gain greater insight into their leadership style and how to strengthen their working relationships. He will discuss methods to make employees happy, which makes for happy customers and that, in turn leads to profits.
Dr. Suttle is the founder and chairman of Leadership Success International, LLC, an international training and consulting company based in Atlanta that specializes in working with businesses and organizations to increase their profits and productivity through developing their people.
He delivers 75-100 presentations throughout the year in the United States and South Africa. He has 25 years as a healthcare professional, which gives him a unique perspective in his work with hospitals, nursing home and independent living facilities on leadership and motivating employees.
Conference registration is $199 per person and includes all course materials, lunch, and refreshments. Register two people and the third is free. Group rates are available. For more information or to register, call Kathleen Kosmoski at (912) 486-7409, or visit www.ogeecheetech.edu/ce.
Email DeWayne at firstname.lastname@example.org or give him a call at (912) 489-9499.