By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Eatonton man leads law enforcement on chase over 100 mph
Suspect to authorities: 'Faith told me to run'
Patrick Calin Frame

A Bulloch County sheriff's deputy stopped a reckless driver Monday who led officers from four different law enforcement agencies on a high-speed chase from Twin City to Statesboro.

Portal police Chief Jason Sapp first heard the call about a man driving in excess of 100 mph through Twin City, headed to Portal around 5 p.m. Monday, he said.

When he spotted the vehicle driven by Patrick Calin Frame, of a South Steel Bridge Road, Eatonton, address, Frame was breezing through Portal at 110 mph, he said. 

"He stuck his arm out the window and waved at me."

Sapp gave pursuit, radioing other law enforcement in the area to inform them of the high- speed chase.

The pursuit continued through Hopeulikit, with Bulloch County sheriff's Deputy Maurice Lester taking the lead in the chase on Highway 80 West near Friendship Church Road, Sapp said.

From there, Lester, Sapp and other law enforcement, including Statesboro police, continued following Frame, 29, as he drove recklessly through traffic. On Northside Drive East (Highway 80) near East Olliff Street, Frame "sideswiped three vehicles," said Statesboro police Capt. Jared Akins. No one was injured in those collisions, which caused minor damage, he said.

Frame continued fleeing from law enforcement on Northside Drive East, until he dodged into the parking lot behind Enmark and Wendy's, where the former Publix was located, according to reports.

Lester followed Frame behind the vacant grocery store building and performed a Pursuit Intervention Technique, or PIT, maneuver, stopping Frame, said Bulloch County sheriff's Capt. Todd Hutchens.

Neither Frame nor Lester was injured, and damage to the vehicles was "minimal," he said.

Frame was taken into custody, charged with several traffic charges from Portal police, Statesboro police, the Bulloch County Sheriff's Office and Georgia State Patrol, he said. GSP Post 45 Trooper Robbie Scott handled the investigation regarding the collision between Lester's patrol vehicle and Frame's vehicle, while Statesboro police investigated the collision involving the three other cars.

When Frame was questioned about his reasons for fleeing and driving recklessly, "he said 'faith told me to run,'" Hutchens said.

Frame had no outstanding warrants or illegal substances in his vehicle, except for drug-related objects, according to reports. 

Frame was jailed on multiple counts from the Bulloch County Sheriff's Office of speeding, fleeing/attempt to elude, possession/use of drug-related objects, reckless driving, failure to maintain lane, hit-and-run, improper lane use and other traffic violations. Further charges from Twin City, Portal and Statesboro police and the Georgia State Patrol are expected, Hutchens said.

Jail records Tuesday showed Frame was being held without bond pending further court appearances.

Herald reporter Holli Deal Saxon may be reached at (912) 489-9414.

Sign up for the Herald's free e-newsletter