By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fatal fire ruled accidental
Statesboro Fire Department W

The cause of an early-morning house fire Sunday that took the life of a Statesboro man was ruled accidental. Statesboro Fire Chief Tim Grams said the blaze originated in the kitchen, near the stove.

The fire, reported just after 3 a.m. Sunday at a Teresa Drive residence in the Bel Air subdivision, took the life of Mike Humphrey, 74, said Bulloch County Coroner Jake Futch.

Sign up for the Herald's free e-newsletter